Lead Developer (Python, GCP, Full Stack)
Appogee HR are seeking a lead developer to join their development team in Bracknell, Berkshire.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a small team of developers, testers and project managers, and will be responsible for delivering high quality, robust code, as well as mentoring and providing code reviews for more junior members of the team.
You will be working in a full stack role, developing modern, dynamic front end web applications, as well as taking advantage of Google's Cloud Platform (GCP) to deliver
distributed backend services and APIs.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to join a small team and really make a difference to our global customer base.
You will be required to:
● Develop and unit test software to a high standard
● Mentor and perform code reviews for other members of the team
● Be responsible for deploying new releases into staging and production environments
● Take the lead in stand-ups and other team meetings
● Be able to take a complex problem and turn it into a simple solution
● Be a team player - work with your team to ensure projects are delivered on time
● Follow the agile methodology - iterative development, continuous delivery, and lead
stand-ups / scrums
● Flexible hybrid working
Key requirements:● 5+ years commercial experience in a software development role
● Strong Python (2.7 + 3.7) skills
● Proven knowledge of working with NoSQL and SQL database platforms
● Experience working with large datasets
● Experience working with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure etc)
● You must be eligible to work in the UK
Desired requirements:● A solid working knowledge of SQLAlchemy
● Python frameworks such as Flask, Django, Jinja
● Experience with React, Handlebars
● Familiarity with microservice architectures
Benefits you would receive:● You will be part of a motivated, driven and fast paced team in an enjoyable and inclusive work environment
● Hybrid working options for a healthy work life balance.
● Our people are important to us. With Appogee HR you will have access to private medical insurance, employee assistance programmes, group life assurance, income
protection and access to a market leading benefits platform.
● Regular work social events allowing us time away from work to enjoy new experiences.
● Competitive salary with bonus/commission and pension contribution
If you are interested in this role please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Appogee HR is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Successful placement at Appogee HR is based entirely on relevant qualifications and experience and on a candidate’s individual merit. Appogee HR does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, colour, religion, sex, origin, age, disability or economic status.
To all recruitment agencies
Appogee HR does not accept unsolicited CV’s from agencies who are not on our Preferred Supplier List. We are not planning to review our PSL during 2020/2021. Please do not forward CV’s or profiles to our careers email alias, to our employees or our offices. Appogee HR does not accept any liability for any fees related to any unsolicited information provided to us.