Appogee HR Limited is committed to protecting the privacy of everyone who visits our websites or subscribes to our Services or provides us with personal information by other methods.
This statement explains how we collect and process your personal information. By using our Websites and Services, you consent to the processing of data about you in the manner and for the purposes set out in this policy.
To contact us, regarding any privacy concerns, you can reach us at email@example.com
What information do we collect:
- Your direct communications. We keep records of your communications and interactions with us, (for example, when you request a demonstration, provide feedback, ask questions, sign up for newsletters or request technical support either by email or completing forms on our Websites or helpdesk systems).
- Account information. We collect the data you provide when creating an account for our Services, for trials or entering into a contract with us (including credentials, names, contact details and job titles).
- Payments and transactions. We keep reasonable business records of charges, payments, and billing details and issues.
- Technical and operational details of your usage of our Services and Websites . We collect information about usage, operational status, software errors and crash reports, authentication credentials, quality and performance metrics, and other technical details necessary for us to operate and maintain our Services and related software.
We collect information in four ways:
- Through website forms on which the user knowingly enters information, such as on our trial request, pricing and information request forms on our Websites.
- Through user entry of data related to account administration for our Services.
- We also collect information provided to us over the phone, by email, in writing and in person.
Why we collect and process Service Data
Appogee HR collects and processes Service Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the information that you request from us
- To communicate with you about our products, services and offerings
- To provide the Services that you ask for either on a trial basis or contracted basis
- To maintain and improve our Services
- To help you when you request technical support
- To protect you and our customers from fraud, security breaches and technical issues
- To comply with legal requirements
We store information in three ways:
- In website databases and log files (for web visits and submissions).
- In databases to manage, operate and administer our Services.
- In our email systems, accounting, CRM and Support databases.
Our own databases are held in data centres operated by Google Cloud in the European region. Data held in our email, accounting, CRM and Support databases can be found by following the links in our Subprocessors page ( https://www.appogeehr.com/subprocessors ).
How we secure your Service Data
We work hard to protect the Service Data we hold from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction, including by:
- Storing data in subprocessors systems which meet recognised industry standards for data protection and security.
- Encrypting Service Data at rest and while in transit.
- Regularly reviewing our Service Data collection, storage, and processing practices, including our physical security measures, to prevent unauthorised access to our systems; and
- Restricting access to Service Data to Appogee HR employees, contractors, and agents who need it in order to process Service Data for us.
How we share Service Data
We do not share personally identifiable information with third-parties other than with our primary business partners and solely as necessary to provide information or services you have requested except in the following cases:
- When you use our Services, your administrator who manages your organisation’s account will have access to certain Service Data. For example, they may be able to:
- View account and billing information, activity and statistics
- Change your account password
- Suspend or terminate your account access
- Access your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit your information or your privacy settings
- With your consent
- We share your personal data with third parties if you have given us your consent
- For external processing by our subcontractors ( https://www.appogeehr.com/subprocessors ) under our instructions as the controller of that data
- If we believe that we are required to for legal or regulatory reasons
- To comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental requests.
- To detect, investigate or address potential or actual fraud, security or technical issues
- To protect the rights of Appogee HR, our customers or users as required or permitted by law.
Retention of data
We retain Service Data for different periods of time depending on the type of data. When we no longer need the data we delete or anonymise it. When data is deleted copies may remain in our backup systems until overwritten by new backups.
Access to your data
Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to your personal information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this information.
With respect to requests regarding Customer Data, your personal data held in Appogee HR Services, it is your company's responsibility to manage all your data requests (i.e. requests to access, transfer, or delete your data). Your company may provide you with the ability to access, update, amend or delete some of your data within the Services. If this is not the case then for any request from a user in relation to Customer Data, you must submit your request to your company who will be responsible for responding to any such request. An Appogee HR user can contact their own HR Administrator(s) using the email address shown at https://app.appogeehr.com/your-hr-manager . Appogee HR will provide support if needed to the Customer only and not to an end user. For more information see section 9 in our Data Processing Agreement.
With respect to requests related to Service Data you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Communications opt-in Policy, preferences and unsubscribing
By clicking “submit” to send us your personal information on any of the website forms, or by subscribing for our Services or by providing your personal information in writing, by phone, email or in person, you are asked to opt-in to provide your consent to receive future emails from us. We may use your email address to notify subscribers of support information, technical updates and upgrades, new product information, events, company announcements, blogs and relevant news items.
If you have previously registered your information with us and you would like to opt-out of being notified in this way by Appogee HR and our affiliates, subsequent to your initial request, then click on the “Unsubscribe” or “Manage Preferences” links in any email from us to manage your preferences.
We will continue to retain information needed to communicate with you in relation to your contract with us (for example licence or service expiry or renewals).
Lawful Bases for processing your personal data
We process your information for the reasons described above based on the following legal grounds:
- With your consent
- If we ask you for your agreement to process your information for specific purposes and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (e.g. for the provision of newsletters for which we employ a permission based email policy and provide the ability to unsubscribe at any time)
- Where necessary for our contract
- We process some data in order to provide a service that you’ve asked for under a contract. For example, we need to process your payment information.
- For our legitimate interests and those of third parties, where we provide appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information
- To provide and maintain our services to meet the needs of our customers
- To understand how our products and services are used
- To customise our products and services
- To research and develop our current and new products and services
- To inform potential customers of our products and services through our sales and marketing channels
- To detect, investigate and protect our Services and data from fraud, security or technical issues
- To protect the rights, intellectual property and safety of Appogee HR, our employees, our customers and users
- To fulfil our obligations to our suppliers such as hosting partners.
- Legal Obligations
- We process your personal data where needed for a legal obligation or regulatory request. For example retaining financial and payment information for tax and accounting purposes.
Our Websites are hosted using Hubspot. A list of the cookies installed by Hubspot may be found here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/privacy-and-consent/what-cookies-does-hubspot-set-in-a-visitor-s-browser
Our Websites and Services also use Google Analytics to analyse the use of the websites and generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers.
Our Services also use first person cookies to manage and secure the use of our Services.
Educating you on web tracking and how to avoid web tracking
If you do not want our Websites to place cookies on your browser and track your activity you may leave the site or you may browse the site using privacy mode in your web browser. To learn how to use privacy mode refer to the links below depending on the browser you use.
- InPrivate mode in Microsoft Edge
- Incognito mode in Google Chrome
- Private browsing mode in Mozilla FireFox
- Private browsing mode in Apple Safari
If you fill out a web form on this site your information will be stored in our CRM or support systems and some amount of your past browsing on this site may be available to our staff to determine your interests so we may more effectively engage with you and so we may improve our site. However, if you use private browsing as described above, you may provide us your information without making your past browsing activity available to us.
If you do not wish for us to have your personal information please do not fill out any of the web forms on this site.
If you opt-in to our newsletter or any of our other marketing emails, clicking on a link in any of these emails may cause you to be personally identified on our site and may cause some part of your past browsing history on our site to be available to our staff to determine your interests so we may more effectively engage with you and so we may improve our site. If you do not wish for this tracking to occur you can use private browsing mode.
Changes to this policy
Updated: 8th February 2023