Appogee HR Limited is committed to protecting the privacy of everyone who visits our websites (including but not limited to www.appogeehr.com, www.appogee.co.uk www.appogeeleave.com and others) “Websites” or subscribes to our services (which include Appogee Leave and Appogee HR) “Services” or provides us with personal information by other methods.
This statement explains what information is gathered us, and how we (including our affiliate companies) use it. By using our Websites and Services, you consent to the processing of data about you in the manner and for the purposes set out in this policy.
To contact us, regarding any privacy concerns, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect information in three ways:
- Through website forms on which the user knowingly enters information, such as on our trial request, pricing and information request forms on our Websites.
- Through user entry of data in our Services.
- Through automated collection of information from our Websites and Services such as referring web pages, search terms, pages visited, the user’s and organisation’s IP addresses, Google Apps Domain information and email addresses.
We also collect information provided to us over the phone, by email, in writing and in person.
We store information in three ways:
- In website databases and log files (for web submissions).
- In databases to manage, operate and administer our Services.
- In our CRM and Support databases.
Cookies and Privacy
Our Websites and Services also use Google Analytics to analyse the use of the websites and generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers.
Educating you on web tracking and how to avoid web tracking
- – Our web-tracking solution uses a first party cookie to track visitor activity on our web sites. We use this information to improve the content of our sites as well as to provide visitors with a more relevant overall experience with our organization and our site. As mentioned earlier, we never share information you provide us with 3rd parties. If you do not want this site to place a cookie on your browser and track your activity you may leave the site or you may browse the site using privacy mode in your web browser. To learn how to use privacy mode refer to the links below depending on the browser you use.
- —– InPrivate mode in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- —– Incognito mode in Google Chrome
- —– Private browsing mode in Mozilla FireFox
- —– Private browsing mode in Apple Safari
- – If you fill out a web form on this site your information will be stored in our CRM or support systems and some amount of your past browsing on this site may be available to our staff to determine your interests so we may more effectively engage with you and so we may improve our site. However, if you use private browsing as described above, you may provide us your information without making your past browsing activity available to us. If you do not wish for us to have your personal information please do not fill out any of the web forms on this site.
- – If you opt-in to our newsletter or any of our other marketing emails, clicking on a link in any of these emails may cause you to be personally identified on our site and may cause some part of your past browsing history on our site to be available to our staff to determine your interests so we may more effectively engage with you and so we may improve our site. If you do not wish for this tracking to occur you can unsubscribe from our mailings or use private browsing mode to avoid tracking.
- – Click here to read the Clickdimensions Web Tracking and Privacy paper. This paper uses simple language to explain the various web tracking techniques that can be used and the privacy implications of each. We take a ‘white hat’ approach to tracking and never use techniques designed to trick the visitor or share their identification with other sites
Never sharing the personally identifiable data you provide to us
- – Never with third parties other than primary business partners for information or services you have requested
- – Never with other web sites (e.g. for the purpose of identifying you across unaffiliated web sites)
Only emailing you if you have opted in to received our emails or directly provided your email address to us
- – We employ a permission based email policy.
Making it easy for you to opt-out/unsubscribe from emails
- – Each email sent from us using using our mailing list service provides a clear unsubscribe link which will immediately remove you from any or all of our mailings as you specify
Using only permission based web tracking technologies
- – We uses first party HTML browser cookies in our web tracking technology. This means that visitors to our site are easily able to set their browsers to reject cookies and are easily able to delete cookies set by us and others. For example, to set the Internet Explorer browser to reject cookies go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings and select the privacy level (using the slider bar) that you prefer. To delete cookies in Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > General > Browsing History and click the Delete button then select the cookies option
- – We never store any information in your computers Flash local shared objects area (i.e. we never use what is known as ˜flash cookies)
- – We never use visitor identification techniques that involve sharing information you provide us with other sites or vice versa
Information collected may be retained in our database indefinitely.
This information is used to provide our Services, to respond to users requests, to facilitate downloads and evaluations, to support marketing activities both directly and in conjunction with our partners, to select content on the website, to meet legal/regulatory requirements.
We may share this information with our affiliate and partner companies as required for business or licensing purposes. Personally identifiable information will not be given or sold to anyone beyond the affiliate and partner companies.
We may also aggregate customer data to produce and or publish statistical reports, however such reports will be produced so that individuals cannot be identified.
Opt-in Policy and unsubscribing
By clicking “submit” to send us your personal information on any of the website forms, or by subscribing for our Services or by providing your personal information in writing, by phone, email or in person, you opt-in to receive future emails from us and our affiliate companies. We may use your email address to notify subscribers of support information, technical updates, licence or service renewals and upgrades, new product information, company announcements and relevant news items. If you have previously registered your information with us and you would like to opt-out of being notified in this way by Appogee HR and our affiliates, subsequent to your initial request, please send an email to email@example.com with subject of “unsubscribe“.